About Nadine Ramsey
Nadine M. Ramsey, District “C” Councilmember, represents the largest and most diverse district in New Orleans, which includes Algiers, the French Quarter, Treme, Bywater and Marigny. As a councilmember, Ramsey is dedicated to making this great City of New Orleans a better place to live for all its citizens by focusing on youth empowerment through education and workforce development.
To Nadine Ramsey, public service is a high honor and a great achievement. Nadine is running for the City Council once again because she cares about New Orleans and our neighborhoods. She would be deeply honored to serve the people of New Orleans for a second term as their City Council member for District C.
Growing up in New Orleans, Nadine’s parents taught her the value of working hard, getting a good education, and keeping your word. Her mother was a telephone operator and father a laborer on the riverfront. They worked hard, saved, and came to own two businesses of their own– a beauty parlor and a neighborhood bar. They were do-ers.
When the people elected Nadine in 1997 to serve as Judge, she knew that there must be a sacred bond between public officials and the citizens they serve. Nadine understands that public service isn’t about just showing up for ribbon cuttings, photo-ops, and sound bites. It’s about being there for the people who you serve all the time, every time. It’s about integrity, core values, character, and commitment.
Nadine has dedicated her life to serving this city we love. She represents us on the New Orleans City Council. With your support, she works hard for the people everyday. Nadine is accessible and accountable. She doesn’t let us down.
- Tulane University Law School (1980) – Juris Doctor Degree
- Cornell Law School (1978) – American Jurisprudence Prize in Constitutional Law
- Newcomb College (1977) – Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Academy of Holy Angels High School
- New Orleans District “C” Council member
- Judge – Orleans Parish Civil District Court (1997-2009) – Chief Judge (2007 & 2008)
- MAPS – Mediator (2010-present)
- Pailet, Ramsey, and Ostendorf, LLC – Partner (2010-2012)
- Louisiana Health Care Authority – General Counsel (1994-1996)
- Law Office of Nadine Ramsey – Managing Partner (1987-1996)
- City of New Orleans – Assistant City Attorney (1991-1994)
- Law Office of Milton LeBlanc – Associate Attorney (1984-1987)
- Office of Louisiana Attorney General – Assistant Attorney General (1980-1984)
Community and Professional
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Judges Association
- Louis A. Martinet Legal Society
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project
- American Academy of Healthcare Attorneys – Former Member
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy – Former Member
- Metropolitan Area Committee Leadership Forum
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- New Orleans Association of Black Women Attorneys – Member and Past President
- Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board – Former Board Member and Hearing Committee Member
- Hume Child Development Center – Former Board Member
- 4 and 5 Circuit Judges Association – Member and Past President
- New Orleans (LA) Chapter of the Links, Inc – Member & Past President
- Smart Set New Orleas Chapter of the National Smart Set
Councilmember Ramsey currently sits on the following boards:
- Canal Street Development Corporation
- Greater New Orleans Tourist and Convention Commission
- New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation
- French Market Corporation (Finance Committee)
- New Orleans Center for Creative Arts.
- Louisiana Democratic Party Chair, State Sen. Karen Carter Peterson
- State Senator Troy Carter
- Congressman Cedric Richmond
- State Representative Gary Carter, Jr.
- Clerk of Second City Court Darren Lombard
- Constable Edwin Shorty
- Former Council Member James Carter
- Former State Senator David Heitmeier
AFL-CIO (Greater New Orleans American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations)
IWO (Independent Women’s Organization)
OPDEC (Orleans Parish Democratic Executive Committee)
- IDEA (Independent Democratic Electors Association)
- Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans
- COALITION For BETTER GOVERMENT